Re: -current brake ufs for -stable

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:22:54 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> I've installed both -current and -stable on my box. One of partition I
> plan to share betwen them (place ports/distfiles there).
> I newfs'ed it from -stable and wrote on it from -current. When I booted
> with -stable I've found the partition FS was broken.
> I think it's because of extended atributes -current wrote on it. I don't
> like to turn off extended attributes on -current at all. I'd like to
> have some option for mount to disable it (I've not found it on manpage).

If you newfs'd the partition with -current, you made it UFS2.  -stable
can't mount UFS2 partitions.  Newfs it with -stable (or the appropirate
option on -current, I don't recall it) so its mountable on both systems.

I'm making a broad assumption here since you haven't explained what "FS
was broken" means.