Re: Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT

From: Jeremy Bingham <jeremy_at_satanosphere.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:01:30 -0700
On 23/09/03 18:07 -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Enable options DDB.  When it hangs, press CTRL-ALT-ESC and then "tr" to
> get a traceback.
>
> While ACPI influences this problem, I am uncertain it is the root cause.
>
> -Nate

Way ahead of you there. I compiled a kernel with DDB on, installed it,
and everything worked fine. No hangs or anything. When I recompiled the
kernel with the debugging options off, the same hang happened again.
Bizarre, to say the least. Again, booting with ACPI turned off worked
fine. I'm making another debug kernel, and I'll try running that for a
while.

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy_at_satanosphere.com