Re: Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT

From: Jeremy Bingham <jeremy_at_satanosphere.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:39:56 -0700
On 25/09/03 12:26 -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> > Will do. One question, though, before I get to recompiling -- is there
> > some specific option for ATAng in the kernel that I'm missing? The only
> > thing I see that looks similar is 'device ata'.
>
> Unfortunately, no.  You can cvsup to 2003/8/23 on just the sys/dev/ata
> directory and revert the change to sys/conf/files.  That does the trick.
> Currently ATAng causes a hang on resume from suspend whereas it has worked
> for months before ATAng.  I am running -current without ATAng with no
> problems.
>
> -Nate

Interesting. That's a problem I haven't come across yet, oddly enough,
and I've been bouncing back and forth between 5.1-RELEASE and -CURRENT a
bunch. Recovery from suspend seems to working as far as I recall, at
least on console (X, in its majesty, freaks out). I'll try it w/out
ATAng, though.

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy_at_satanosphere.com