Re: No/weird mixer in -CURRENT

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:03:00 -0400
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:24:10 -0700, thus spake "Kevin Oberman"
<oberman_at_es.net>:
: > Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?  As much as I like
: > listening to something at full volume, it would be nice to be able
: > to turn it down without turning it off.
:
: Are you seeing this with all applications? I see it with gkrellm's
: volume control, but the Gnome volume control works just fine as does
: the CLI mixer(1) command.

I've seen it with gkrellm, aumix, opmixer, ermixer, and gmixer.
Actually, to be fair, gmixer didn't do anything -- all the others will
mute my audio as soon as the PCM volume hits 0.  And that's all they do.

: I have sent a note to the maintainer of the volume plug-in, but have
: not heard anything to this point. I will probably do a PR on it soon
: and I really love the gkrellm volume control.

Ditto.