Re: No/weird mixer in -CURRENT

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:24:10 -0700
> Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:28:39 -0400
> From: Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:19:12 -0400, thus spake Damian Gerow <dgerow_at_afflictions.org>:
> : This is a fairly new machine, using a DFI PS83-BL motherboard.  pcm0
> : is picked up as an Intel ICH5 (82801EB), and a C-Media Electronics
> : CMI9739 AC97 Codec.
> :
> : Does pcm not fully understand my audio device, am I lacking a mixer,
> : or is it something else
> : entirely?
>
> (Apologies for horrible wrapping the first time.)
>
> I just went through and applied a one-line patch to ich.c -- looks like
> it was saying to treat ICH5 like ICH4.  This didn't make a difference.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?  As much as I like
> listening to something at full volume, it would be nice to be able to
> turn it down without turning it off.

Are you seeing this with all applications? I see it with gkrellm's
volume control, but the Gnome volume control works just fine as does
the CLI mixer(1) command.

I have sent a note to the maintainer of the volume plug-in, but have
not heard anything to this point. I will probably do a PR on it soon
and I really love the gkrellm volume control.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)