Re: Serial debug broken in recent -CURRENT?

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:01:10 +1000 (EST)
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> On Tuesday, 30 September 2003 at 16:23:35 +1000, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> >
> >> After building a new kernel, remote serial gdb no longer works.  When
> >> I issue a 'continue' command, I lose control of the system, but it
> >> doesn't continue running.  Has anybody else seen this?
> >
> > It works as well as it did a few months ago here.  (Not very well compared
> > with ddb.  E.g., calling a function is usually fatal.)
>
> Hmm, that's not what Sam or I are seeing.  How old is your kernel?
> You *are* able to continue, right?  Everything else works for me.

I didn't test with my kernel; I tested with almost-current SMP and !SMP
kernels (amost-current = 217 lines of patches; my kernel = 96934 lines
of patches).  They were about half an hour old when I tried it.  I tested
little more than continuing from Debugger().  I didn't test using optional
foot shooting devices like acpi or modules.

Bruce