Re: Status of SCHED_ULE?

From: David Taylor <davidt_at_yadt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:12:59 +0100
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> Are you running seti, rc4, etc?  Any programs that sit in the background
> and consume 100% of the cpu?

I'm running KDE (using libc_r), and run setiathome and/or dnetc in the
background.  I've also tried killing the background tasks, but it makes
little difference.  I also use moused and /dev/sysmouse for X.  I've even
tried renicing moused to negative nice values, and that doesn't change
much either.

The mouse gets 'sticky' under moderate/heavy load, as other people have
described.  I haven't swapped back to SCHED_4BSD recently to compare, but
I'm sure it was smoother before I switched.

--
David Taylor
davidt_at_yadt.co.uk