mplayer problems

From: jason <jason_at_ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:14:03 -0400
I have not been able to play certain avi or wmv files after rebuilding
mplayer on current.  I have had no problem using it on current while I
had the old version, but once I did a portupgrade recently I have not
been able to watch these files.  The error I get also depends on the
file, some play audio only with this "Cannot find codec matching
selected -vo and video format 0x33564D57."  Some give me a signal 11.
Some times the same file will go between errors too! or I can mess with
stop, pause, etc and cause a signal 11 on these files.  Anyone else have
this happen?  I have rebuilt many times with clean and distcleans
between them.  I even did a reinstall of the win32 codecs too.  I also
have done a second system update since this started as of the 26 or 29
of last month and this still happens.
Think this might be a cause?

# /etc/libmap.conf
     #
     # candidate             mapping
     #
     libpthread.so.1         libpthread.so.1 # Everything uses 'libpthread'
     libpthread.so           libpthread.so

     libc_r.so.5             libpthread.so.1 # Everything that uses 'libc_r'
     libc_r.so               libpthread.so   # now uses 'libpthread'