(unknown charset) Re: ICH5R SATA RAID?

From: (unknown charset) Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko_at_ambrisko.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
Søren Schmidt writes:
| Then you are about as far as I was when I got sidetracked back when :)
| I have code to read adaptec / AMI / Intel meta data, but no writes yet,
| so it has stranded there as I hoped that the right solution would show
| up in GEOM somehow. However now that I'm close to having the Promise
| SX4/4000 going I realize that a GEOM solution wont fly for me anyways so
| things might get changed ....

Did you determine the Intel format was the same as the others or different.
I only have the Intel HW to work with.  Could you share the code for the Intel
part so it will be easier to merge with your WIP.  It seems the biggest
part of the task it to create the mappings from the ata-raid structure
to the disk.

GEOM isn't an answer for me need since I need to run this under -stable.
This should be fairly easier to migrate to GEOM when the time comes.

Thanks,

Doug A.