Recent -CURRENT doesn't find ata controller

From: Thorsten Greiner <thorsten_at_tgreiner.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:37:24 +0200
Hi list,

a kernel built from a recent cvsup doesn't recognize my ata
controller. I suspect this is related to the recent PCI changes by
Warner Losh. The attached dmesg shows a successful boot by a kernel
built from Apr 6th sources.

Today's faulty one differs from the sucessful boot in that the lines

    ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
    ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0

are missing. Instead the line

    atapci0: Bus reserved 0x10 bytes for rid 0x20 type 4 at 0xbfa0

is displayed. Of course this means that the kernel cannot find its
root device and panics later...

Please find a dmesg from a working kernel and my kernel config
attached.

Cheers
        -Thorsten

--
Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to
add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.