Re: Cisco driver stopped working with -current

From: Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd_at_fishballoon.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:29:28 +0100
On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 03:19:22PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:
> I've updated my system last night, an acpi-only compaq nx9005 laptop. No
> difference to my ability to suspend/resume, still doesn't work. Also it
> seems to have broken the an0 driver (for Cisco Cards) or rather my
> pcmcia card is now picked up by the xe driver rather than an. I get the
> following from dmesg:
>
> xe0: <Cisco Systems 340 Series Wireless LAN Adapter> at port 0x100-0x13f
> irq 10 function 0 config 5 on pccard1
> device_probe_and_attach: xe0 attach returned 19

Your second problem is probably my fault - I added a bunch of cards that
are supported by xe yesterday.  Not sure why it picked up your Cisco card
though.

Can you boot with hw.pccard.debug=1 and hw.pccard.cis_debug=1 (you'll need
to break into the loader at boot time and set them there) and send me the
resulting output (should end up in /var/run/dmesg.boot)?

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon