Re: sk ethernet driver: watchdog timeout

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:08:44 +0300
On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 04:38:02PM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I just tried FreeBSD RELENG_5_2 on one of our boxes having sk0, and the
> demsg during boot is very noisy when trying to load driver for sk0...
> Perhaps these dmesg rows can help. It stops every so often on 5.2 as well,
> the interface is unusable. :(
>
> Is there any point in trying any of the patches from this thread?

Hmm, the verbose output you see is probably from the yesterday's
"PCI omnibus" commit by Warner into HEAD, not RELENG_5_2 (please
correct me if I'm wrong).  Also, I don't have a free sk(4) card
at the moment available for testing under 5-CURRENT, or I would
definitely do it -- all sk(4) cards I have are running nicely in
production under a constant high load on 4.9-STABLE boxes.  I'll
see if I can order one from our local store; I'd like to add the
polling(4) support into the driver anyway...

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org