Re: sk ethernet driver: watchdog timeout

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen_at_pingpong.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:47:41 +0200
--On söndag, april 11, 2004 21.08.44 +0300 Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 04:38:02PM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I just tried FreeBSD RELENG_5_2 on one of our boxes having sk0, and the
>> demsg during boot is very noisy when trying to load driver for sk0...
>> Perhaps these dmesg rows can help. It stops every so often on 5.2 as
>> well,  the interface is unusable. :(
>>
>> Is there any point in trying any of the patches from this thread?
>>
> Hmm, the verbose output you see is probably from the yesterday's
> "PCI omnibus" commit by Warner into HEAD, not RELENG_5_2 (please
> correct me if I'm wrong).

Hmm, yes, you're right of course, it is HEAD. Mea culpa!

> Also, I don't have a free sk(4) card
> at the moment available for testing under 5-CURRENT, or I would
> definitely do it -- all sk(4) cards I have are running nicely in
> production under a constant high load on 4.9-STABLE boxes.  I'll
> see if I can order one from our local store; I'd like to add the
> polling(4) support into the driver anyway...

This NIC is integrated on an ASUS motherboard, "A7N8X-e deluxe". Just
bought half a dozen of these mobos, and they all show the same problem,
both on 4.9-STABLE and 5-CURRENT. On 5-CURRENT, I never get a watchdog
timeout warning, it just stops responding.

If you where in Stockholm, you could pop by and borrow one, but I guess
you're not? ;^)

Cheers,
Palle