Re: VIA 8235 UDMA ICRC errors

From: Yura Socolov <fbsd-current.z.yurasocolov_at_xoxy.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:34:51 -0500
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:58:58PM +0200, S?ren Schmidt wrote:
> Yura Socolov wrote:
> >After talking off-line with Doug White, though, i am under impression that
> >it
> >has something to do with the size of the drive as well. He says his

> Hmm, it could be that there are problems with the 8235 and 48bit mode
> needed for >137G drives.

That's the impression i got, but you would know better and i haven't
scientifically verified it.

> However, I dont have a 8235 in my ATA HW collection so I have no way of
> reproducing/testing/fixing this problem if thats the case.

I do have an older Athlon XP motherboard with 8235 sitting around that's
retired now. If you are interested in checking it out or it would be useful
for you for any other purpose, i'd be happy to send it to you. It would
come with some amount of memory, and i think i might even have some kind of
athlon XP sitting around that would work with it too.

Please contact me off the list if you would like to get it. I'd be more
than happy to do it.

--
-- Yura Socolov <nospam>                   FP: A7192ABD96E15F5 19AB21E60C34109
--                                               http://users.binary.net/yura/