Re: Minor problems with 5.2-CURRENT of 4/17, Toshiba 8100

From: Michael L. Squires <mikes_at_siralan.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:06:01 -0500 (EST)
> When booting from 5.2-CURRENT I get the following errors.  I can't point to
> any consequences of these errors, but since the 8100 is a common notebook
> I thought I should post them.

Sorry for responding to my own post, left out some information.

I forgot to mention that (1) the 8100 is docked in its network dock, which
adds the 3C920 hardware, (2) the network dock is attacked to its PCI bus
expansion box in which a LSI SCSI card is enclosed.

Sound is working.

I noticed that some time after booting I get the error

acpi_cmbat1: battery initialization failed, giving up

This message has appeared with earlier -CURRENT versions (of the past
month) even when booting under battery power.

Finally, like some previous versions I have to do a cold restart before
Windows XP will start (this 8100 dual-boots MS Windows XP Pro from the
primary master and FreeBSD from the secondary master).  XP Pro will lock
up in the XP screen showing the horizontal timing bar; a power cycle
solves the problem.

The system is quite reliable; I've compiled XFree86 and KDE 3.2 from ports,
in addition to the usual make buildworld, etc.

Mike Squires