Strange disk problem with installation of latest 5.2-CURRENT snapshot

From: Rostislav Krasny <rosti_bsd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all.

I downloaded floppy images from
ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/5.2-CURRENT-20040419-JPSNAP/floppies
and tried to install this snapshot using these floppies. I chose the
"Standard" installation method, entire ad0 disk, standard MBR and
automatic disklabel. Then I chose to do an FTP installation and after I
configured the xl0 NIC the installation process just stuck with
sysinstall message: "Making a new root filesystem on /dev/ad0s1a".
After that the LED of the floppy drive is always alight and the LED of
hard disks is always dark. Actually I have only one hard disk in this
box now. When I switched to the second pseudo terminal I saw there
following messages:

DEBUG: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)
DEBUG: Add mapping for /dev/cuaa0 to sl0
DEBUG: Add mapping for /dev/cuaa1 to sl0
DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for root filesystem
DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for swap partitions
DEBUG: ifconfig xl0 inet 192.168.1.4  netmask 255.255.255.0
DEBUG: Adding default route to 192.168.1.1
add net default: gateway 192.168.1.1
DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for root filesystem
DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for swap partitions
fstab: /etc/fstab:0: No such file or directory
Entropy device is blocked. Dance fandango on keyboard to unblock.

P.S. Nevertheless I could ping this host from other.

P.P.S. There is also one more strange but not critical problem in the
sysinstall. When I'm choosing "All" in the "Base system components
menu" no component is marked with [X] but base system installs normally
with all components. This is an old problem that I remember from all
previous 5.x versions and probably from some 4.x. Could you fix it too?