More than 8 labels per slice

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <current_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:06:43 +0200
Dear coders,

is there any chance that FreeBSD can adopt the OpenBSD changes reagrding UFS
labels? I'm using one label per jail and this old 8 label limit forces me to
use different slices which sometimes, when I have to change label sizes, is a
big handicap.
Having 16 labels would improove the jail-handling greatly IMHO. Having 32
labels (like I think NetBSD) was even greater, but lifting the 8 label limit
would suffice I think.

Thank you in advance,

-Harry