VESA DPMS Driver

From: Benjamin Close <cisbjc_at_cs.unisa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:50:16 +0930
Hi All,
    I like many have suffered the battery drain of the laptop screen
remaining on while the system is suspended. I've created a driver that
allows the screen to be shutdown by DPMS provided acpi supports video
mode changes. Beware, this is my first kernel driver so it's nothing
great. Hopefully it will help someone with enough knowledge build a
better driver.

It's a loadable kernel module and the only tweak required to get it
compiling should be in the Makefile.

You can grab it from:
http://www.clearchain.com/people/benjsc/download/vesa_dpms.tar.gz
A URL as the list strips attachments.

Cheers,
    Benjamin

--
3D Research Associate / System Administrator     +61 8 8302 3669
School of Computer and Information Science       Room D1-07, ML Campus