Re: IPSEC, IPv6, RELENG_5_2

From: Arne Schwabe <arne_at_rfc2549.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:17:20 +0200
Eivind Olsen <eivind_at_aminor.no> writes:

> Hello.
> Does anyone know of a way to make hardware accelerated (Soekris
> vpn1401 card) VPN work on a RELENG_5_2 box (or CURRENT, if need be..)
> and at the same time support IPv6?
>
> I believe I need FAST_IPSEC to get hardware accelerated VPN/IPSEC, and
> it doesn't look like I can compile in both FAST_IPSEC and INET6 at the
> same time in the kernel.
> I have read that FAST_IPSEC doesn't do IPSEC for IPv6 and that's OK
> with me, but I'd still like to be able to use IPv6 for some
> connections and IPSEC for a VPN-connection (running over IPv4).
>
> Anyone who knows if this is somehow possible?

I had no problem compiling both FAST_IPSEC and IPv6 into a current
kernel. If you want I can you my config. But be warned it is a
stripped down config for a soekris router (no ps/2, no vga support,
etc)

yavin:options   INET6                   # IPv6 communications protocols
yavin:options FAST_IPSEC

arne_at_yavin:~% uname -a
FreeBSD yavin.rfc1149.org 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Thu Apr 22 20:41:02 CEST 2004     arne_at_kamino.rfc1149.org:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/yavin  i386

--
Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering
their time inventing and implementing new exciting ways of old fashioned  wheels.