Re: LOR web page

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:25:26 -0400
On Friday 30 April 2004 01:42 pm, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> being one of the first persons who had asked for such a page some time
> back last year I - do not know why but sporadically - put up a web page
> with the last 6 LORs reported I could find (inluding the FAQ one ;-)
>
> The page is at
>
> 	http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html

Just a couple of notes: the 002 (the sleeping with sigacts on stopevent) is
fixed.  Also, the 004 one is known and is a problem but fixing it is somewhat
complicated.

> and will be updated once in a while (see table footer for more info on
> this). You may link to it in mailing list posting etc but please do NOT
> put a link to it in the source code.
>
> If anyone feels that it's his job or want to integrate it
> into the official freebsd docs please take the data from the page,
> drop me a note and I will link to your site.
>

> PS: can someone please close PR kern/55175 - patch has been committed
> 	by phk in
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/fs/specfs/spec_vnops.c.diff?r
>1=1.220&r2=1.221 I think.

The PR is about more than just the lock order, it is also arguably a bug that
the filedesc lock is held while we call the poll methods of all the various
file structures.