Re: failing splash screen

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:57:45 -0700
> From: "Phil Pereira" <phil_at_bsdnexus.com>
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:32:00 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Hey all,
>
> This may be a crap question, but I'm running current and wanted to get the
> splash screen working on boot. I've added the lines to /boot/loader.conf, my
> kernel has VESA compiled into it, but still no joy. Are there any know
> problems?
>
> I don't appear to get any error messages; rather the boot loader appears,
> then once gone I just get the standard list of found hardware.

The first question that comes to mind is whether you system has any
active graphics modes.
Try 'vidcontrol -i mode'. If there are no 'G' modes, you lose. I have
one system, my IBM ThinkPad, with no graphics modes.

This probably belongs on questions unless you have an indication that it
has worked on the same system in the past.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)