Re: nvidia binary drivers no longer work

From: Michal Varga <varga_at_stonehenge.sk>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:07:59 +0200
Same here, stopped working about three days ago. Athlon 2500+, GeForce 2
MX400, xorg-server-6.7.0_5, freezes when initializing video card. Open
source drive works fine as usually.

The problem seems to be not kernel related, use of two week old kernel
compiled on a different box didn't solve anything, so i suppose the new
GCC has something to do with this. Rebuilt nvidia driver with no effect,
xorg was not rebuilt yet, want to give it a try sometime. If someone
tried that already, you can save me a lot of time by sending a notice..
(the system is very unstable after all the latest changes in -current,
so i suppose i will take 5-6 panics or lockups until i will be able to
recompile xorg succesfully, if ever..)

m.