Re: [HEADSUP] retire TIOCDCDTIMESTAMP

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:53:57 +0200
In message <200408021316.i72DGfO86307_at_Mail.NOSPAM.DynDNS.dK>, Barry Bouwsma writes:

>Basically, my TIOC*TIMESTAMP hacks allowed me to gather timestamps
>from the four status lines, to be used by programs that could
>handle four sources of PPS data on a single port.  I'd like to
>be able to do that with PPS-API as well, if possible.

I tried to get multi-signal handling into the PPS-API and my failure
in that was a large part of the reason why I asked to not be listed
as an author of the RFC.

On the other hand, if you have very special needs, which I think
timestamping four signals with one serial port is, I would advocate
rolling your own.

You may want to look at the dev/ppbus/pps.c driver for inspiration.