Re: GEOM is too verbose

From: John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j_at_resnet.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 14:22:27 -0700
Maxim Sobolev wrote this message on Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 20:15 +0300:
> >>It is python program, so that ioctl() is out of question. Usage of
> >

> >Hm python has ioctl support, where is the problem?
>
> Really? Anyway, I doubt that name of this ioctl is the same on the
> different unices, so that binary search is still the best from the
> portability POV.

fcntl.ioctl...  it might take some hand expansion of the ioctl macros
to get it though...  the old pytoh that would generate these couldn't
handle FreeBSD's ioctl defines (but this was back in the early 4.x
days)...  You could always write a simple C program to get the value
necessary..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579