Re: [PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

From: Arne Schwabe <arne_at_rfc2549.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:34:28 +0200
Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org> writes:

> Hi gang :-)
>
> Since the original synaptics support was added to psm, there have been some
> reports of malfunctions and missing magic.  I've tried to fix all that, but
> it's still work in progress.
z>
> If you happen to own a laptop with a synaptics touchpad, please help test:
>
>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~philip/psm.diff>
>
> So far, I've had one report of a panic, possibly related to an extra gadget
> chained through the the touchpad.  If you're extra masochistic, and your
> laptop has one of these extra gadgets, you might like to remove the #if 0
> around line 2537 and the #endif around line 2568 of your sys/isa/psm.c.

+     * XXX: This is largely guesswork.  The documentation from
+     * Synaptics doesn't mention guest devices, but it appears
+     * that packets from a stick are simple ps/2 packets...

They are ps/2 packets but if you are crazy you can send
the guest ps/2 device  some ps/2 commands to put it into a special
mode where can get features like pressure but well I don't know if
that is really needed. ;)

Arne
--
compiling millions of tiny c-programs...done
checking for a working configure script... not found