Re: Ports broken by compiler upgrade

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:24:26 +0200
On Thursday 05 August 2004 07:56, Pete Carah wrote:

> Many ports that compile in C++ are broken by the recent
> compiler upgrade; the packages distribution hasn't caught
> up *at all* either.

Yes, as usual the packages on the mirrors are lagging behind (and additionally
our guy who uploads them is on holiday :-)).

> Two examples, artsd and aspell both abort instantly with
> undefined symbols; either the name-mangling has changed

Yes. Symbol name-mangling has definitely changed, you're in for a complete
recompile of all things C++ - or wait for updated packages to become
available.

However, since the libxine fix has been committed yesterday, KDE's dependency
path is now completely clear again - all of KDE builds fine, except KOffice
(which will be updated to 1.3.2 tomorrow, which builds fine). Also
kdemultimedia has been reported to not build with optimization higher than
-O, I'm currently testing a fix. I'm planning to do a real big commit to many
KDE ports tomorrow, accompanied by new packages on fruitsalad - stay tuned.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org