Re: can see my reboot command idle 22 minutes :(

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd_at_jdc.parodius.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:29:55 -0700
You should probably update the system ASAP.  Soren has made major
improvements to the ATA layer, and may in fact address any issues
you're having in the past.

Is the IDE disk an IBM/Hitachi drive per chance?  I've seen this
happen on them.  It's a known ""feature"", which (from what I understand)
was supposed to be removed in later models, but I haven't bothered to
check.

Also: after upgrading, consider installing ports/sysutils/smartmontools
and enabling SMART on the drive/in the BIOS.  You may have a drive
that's going bad -- IDE isn't known for reliability these days.

Hope this helps.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |