Re: can see my reboot command idle 22 minutes :(

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:06:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> You should probably update the system ASAP.  Soren has made major
> improvements to the ATA layer, and may in fact address any issues
> you're having in the past.

I know. ARP and all that. Machine hadn't been updated for other
reasons.

> Is the IDE disk an IBM/Hitachi drive per chance?  I've seen this

No, Maxtor imho.

> Hope this helps.

this had not been the problem (though triggered the other one maybe).

The problem had been that though multiuser worked quite fine,
the kernel didn't mannage to get the reboot done.

even a kill -INT 1 didn't reboot the machine. I could just type
ahead for another few minutes until I killed some of the hanging
sutdown scripts and my ssh and then only hands on helped again.

kill -INT 1 is supposed to reboot even if kill -TSTP 1 does not work ?