Hang during USB device probes on CURRENT

From: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy_at_veldy.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:03:56 -0500
I have a Dell Dimension 8250 with typical hardware (RAMBUS option). With
recent CURRENT, it seems that whenever a USB device is probed, FreeBSD
will just hang.  It will not respond to a three-finger salute, it will
not respond to the ATX power switch and it will only respond to a hard
boot via the power switch.

I am not all to familiar with debugging the kernel, although what I was
able to read in the FreeBSD documentation only applied to kernel panics
and not out-right freezes?  Is there a procedure I can follow to aid
with finding the cause of this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse