Re: Need help: buildworld for CURRENT while under STABLE is not working

From: Michael C. Shultz <ringworm_at_inbox.lv>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 05:54:16 -0700
On Sunday 08 August 2004 10:30 am, Barry Bouwsma wrote:
> [keep replies to the list and I'll catch up later, thanks]
>
> > > make buildworld -DDESTDIR=/ad1 while booted from STABLE and I keep
> > > getting the following error
> >
> > Do you get the same error if you run `make buildworld' without
> > -DDESTDIR=/ad1 ?
>
> I get the same error (new, since a successful build or at least
> a build way past that point, several days ago).
>
> <stdint.h> is not present in my -stable.  I'm able to work around
> this requirement in the newly-updated bsnmp by adding the following
> dirty hack:
>

> ---
> /stand/obj/hacks/FreeBSD-CURRENT-src/source-hacks/tools/build/Makefile-ORIG
>	Mon Mar  1 18:47:38 2004 +++
> /stand/obj/hacks/FreeBSD-CURRENT-src/source-hacks/tools/build/Makefile	Sun
> Aug  8 18:32:44 2004 _at__at_ -63,6 +63,11 _at__at_
>  INCS+=		regex.h
>  .endif
>
> +### HACK  -stable crossbuilds (at least mine) don't have <stdint.h>
> +.if !exists(/usr/include/stdint.h)
> +INCS+=		stdint.h
> +.endif
> +
>  .if empty(SRCS)
>  SRCS=		dummy.c
>  .endif
>

> (shoot me if it's /usr/include/something/stdint.h; I don't have a
> successful build for any OS in front of me.  anyway...)
>
> For -stable, the mere presence of this file is enough to make the
> build progress past this point.  Attempting to create a useful
> stdint.h file in tools/build didn't quite do the job, so I took
> the easy way out.
>
> Of course someone who knows what they're doing can properly
> unbreak crossbuilds on -stable; I can do little more than a hack.
>
> (whether my build breaks further down the line, time will tell,
> my machine is slow and old, like me)
>

> thanks
> barry bouwsma

I've received much help with this off list.  What was suggested and seems to
work is to comment out <stdint.h> contrib/gensnmptree/gensnmptree.c but I've
received another email saying that may cause other problems, anyways
my buildworld is still in progress (for 10hrs now).  I'm told the author of
contrib/gensnmptree/gensnmptree.c ? is aware of the problem so I have no
doubt it will be fixed sooner or later.

-Mike