Re: [PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

From: Marc van Kempen <marc_at_bowtie.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:54:32 +0200
On Thursday 05 August 2004 09:12, Philip Paeps wrote:
> Hi gang :-)
>
> Since the original synaptics support was added to psm, there have been some
> reports of malfunctions and missing magic.  I've tried to fix all that, but
> it's still work in progress.
>
> If you happen to own a laptop with a synaptics touchpad, please help test:
>
>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~philip/psm.diff>
>
> So far, I've had one report of a panic, possibly related to an extra gadget
> chained through the the touchpad.  If you're extra masochistic, and your
> laptop has one of these extra gadgets, you might like to remove the #if 0
> around line 2537 and the #endif around line 2568 of your sys/isa/psm.c.
>
> Please report successes and failures :-)
>
>  - Philip

Hi Philip,

Just found out about your changes because of my stick not working anymore
after upgrading my kernel sources today.

I've got an IBM Thinkpad R40 with both a touchpad and a stick. With the
default settings the whole stick part (including the stick buttons) was not
working.

The touchpad was working to some extent, but tapping (both single and double)
didn't work either.

I've changed the hints.psm.0.flags to "0x6400" which recognizes it just as a
default ps/2 mouse, and then everything works (as it always did) including
single and double tapping.

If you need extra info let me know.

Regards,
Marc.