Re: Is anything being done re: the pcm timeout issue?

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 03:11:05 +0200
On Thursday 12 August 2004 01:56, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> On 11-Aug-2004 Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > I do appreciate your looking into this matter.  So far, with my
> > latest kernel, I haven't experienced the problem yet, either.  Which
> > doesn't necessarily mean, of course, that I still won't.  :-)
>
> Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  <sigh>  Just did it again.
>
> I think tomorrow I'm going to try pulling the es1371 card out of my old
> machine and see how it works in the amd64 box.  Maybe it's just the
> chipset/driver. <crossing fingers>

I'd not rule it out, considering what I had to do to get my onboard snd_ich
(different variant though probably, it's onboard a P4 mobo) "working" under
Linux... (with binary volume control (mute - max), no mixers besides master
and defaulting to mute) it seems the matrix of possible chipset variants with
this particular ac97-thing is simply too big for a unified driver approach.
FWIW, my snd_ich works fine on -CURRENT, but i386 of course.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org