Re: boot hangs due acd init

From: J.R. Oldroyd <jr_at_opal.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:11:34 -0400
I have the same problem with a:

acd0: DVDR <_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A> at ata1-slave PIO4

This booted fine until -current from around the end of July at which
point the boot hangs during the probe of this device.

I have emailed Søren as I suspected that it may be related to the
new default-to-DMA code.  I noticed that if I pull the power on the
DVD drive after the boot has hung, I get this:

acd0: CDROM <_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A/1.05> at ata1-slave UDMA33

and the boot continues.  (Note the change from DVDR to CDROM and
the change from PIO4 to UDMA33.)

	-jr