boot loader crashes

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:11:56 +0300
I updated a machine with ABIT VP6 (dual S370) motherboard from -CURRENT
in May to recent -CURRENT and since then the boot crashes with a message
which is visible for only a fraction of a second until the BIOS message
shows again. This is reproduceable with recent CD's. Iīm able to boot
the system using 5.2.1 release CD and then just switching over to the HD.

The bootloader seems to gone through multiple changes so I couldnīt
immediately locate a place which could be at fault.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, I would hate to have to
ditch the board.

Pete