Re: Preliminary ATI TV Wonder bktr support

From: Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:52:42 +0200
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:48:49AM -0400, Justin Hibbits wrote:
> It's not complete (no sound yet, and no idea where to begin), but the
> ATI TV Wonder is now auto configured.  Source merged from OpenBSD.
> Since I'm not a regular FreeBSD hacker, I'm posting it here.  I hope
> it's the right list.

I'm not qualified to comment on that, but if this isn't picked up by a
committer you might want to consider using send-pr(1) to send this patch
to the FreeBSD bug database.

> Anyway, maybe someone can figure out how to go from here, since I'm
> stuck now.  I'll continue working on it though.

FWIW, I recall that most of the open source BT878 drivers don't do internal
sound, and instead rely on you to feed the audio channel into your soundcard.
At least, that's what works for me with a no-name TV tuner card; it even
included a male-male minijack cable to do so. So if that's all that's missing,
you might be as far along as anyone has ever been.

--Stijn

--
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.