Re: Signal 11 compiling qt33

From: Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl_at_ringofsaturn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:38:21 -0500 (CDT)

> uic and dcopidl crashes are indicative of crossed thread libraries. I
> know, I went through the same problem :)  If you ldd them you'll see
> libc_r and libpthread both getting pulled in, which is fatal.  Both uic
> and dcopidl pull in libqt, which will usually be the lagggard since its
> using options saved by qmake, and doesn't get updated frequently enough
> for it to get rebuilt during a kde/qt upgrade.
>
> You want to rebuild stuff in this order:
>

> 1. XFree86-libraries (or the xorg equivalent)
> 2. qmake (everyone forgets this -- qt uses it to get compile and link
> options, including the thread library!) 3. qt33
> 4. qt dependencies (kde, etc.)

Doug,

The only comment about this is that this was a fresh install and no portupgrading or buildworld going on.  I'm guessing, though, that I caught things in a state of flux, however, I have also run into cross threading issues within 5.2.1 for some reason.

Anyways, I had to put this aside for a bit, but I will pick this back up next week with another clean snapshot and see where things are at.

Rusty Nejdl