Re: lnc0 in VmWare doesn't work

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Vitaly Markitantov wrote:

> I'm running -CURRENT in VmWare virtual machine.
>
> Since about August 07 2004 lnc0 interface doesn't work
>
> I see just complains about:
>
> lnc0: Device timeout -- Resetting
> lnc0: Missed packet -- no receive buffer
>
> As workaround i use kernel from August 03 2004, which works perfectly
> with lnc.
>
> I attached verbose dmesg from todays kernel.

I was chatting with George Neville-Neil about what sounds like an
identical problem last.  Since you have both old and new kernels, could
you try comparing the lnc probe lines in dmesg in the "before" and "after"
scenarios, in particular looking for changes in interrupt assignment?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research