Re: lnc0 in VmWare doesn't work

From: George V. Neville-Neil <gnn_at_neville-neil.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:49:01 -0700
At Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:57:24 -0700 (PDT),
Vitaly Markitantov wrote:

> > > I use for this purpose USB-flash drive.
> > >
> > > But turning off ACPI does nothing for this problem.  lnc0 still doesn't
> > > work without ACPI too.
> >
> > I did make a change yesterday to add IFF_NEEDSGIANT to the ifnet flags of
> > the interface.  Theory suggests this should't be the problem (especially
> > if you're not running with debug.mpsafenet=1), but practice is generally
> > more relevant :-).  Is it possible for you to check to see if the
> > before/after versions of that change to see if that's the cause?
>
> I will try tomorrow, but i saw problem with lnc0 before yesterdays changes.
> I think problems appeared around August 04-07.

OK, I believe this is an interrupt problem.  I turned on debugging and
the memory locations of the tx and rx rings look OK.  THe problem is
nothing is being sent/received, the rings are full but nothing else.

I need to figure out how to mount a USB flash drive, under -CURRENT as
the Guest and Red Hat 9 as the vmware host.  Then I can send the
output along.  I'll look more into this tonight as my test pod is dead
without this stuff and I need to test some IPv6 stuff.

Later,
George