Re: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag

From: Rostislav Krasny <rosti_bsd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
--- Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I just powered the box on, logged in as a root, cvsuped to the
> > today's -CURRENT and then I ran:
> >
> > cd /usr/obj
> > chflags -R noschg *
> > rm -rf *
> > cd /usr/src
> > rehash
> >
> > Then I wanted to run 'make buildworld' but before I hit the [Enter]
> > key the system is paniced:
> >
> > dev = ad0s1f, block = 850900, fs = /usr
> > panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag
>
> Running massive deletes and/or file changes while background fsck is
> running is known to cause wierd panics. You migth run a full
> foreground fsck of that filesystem to clean up any leftovers,
however.

Do you mean FreeBSD 5.x is running the background fsck every time the
box was justed powered on and this is what triggered the panic? The
file systems were clean. One day before I ran a foreground fsck in the
single user mode after recreation of another problem that I've reported
there:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/034146.html

Would those wierd panics be fixed sometime?

Anyway, thanks for reply and explanation.