Re: mem_range_attr_set undefined

From: Cedric Tabary <tabary_at_efrei.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 02:02:52 +0200
On 16/08/2004 19:22, Mark Murray wrote:
> Jason Andresen writes:
> > Mark Murray wrote:

> > >That's crazy. Loading as modules or building them in would have
> > >had the same result here. Did you cvsup between builds or anything?
> > >

> > Nope.  Was the fact that I was loading them as modules fairly late in
> > the boot cycle (right before the Nvidia driver module was loaded)
> > instead of in the boot loader itself perhaps the problem?
>
> If it is, its a bug. Loading is loading.
>
> Can you please try this really pedantically and report back?

I had exactly the same problem with nvidia driver compiled from ports
with default options except -DWITHOUT_LINUX.

kldload mem
kldload io (needed by xorg)
kldload nvidia -> failed (mem_range_attr_set undefined)

I had to compile 'device mem' into kernel

note 1: I did not try loading mem at the boot loader stage
note 2: I did not try the new release of nvidia driver

Hope this helps ...

Cédric Tabary