Re: mem_range_attr_set undefined

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:52:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Cedric Tabary wrote:

> > If it is, its a bug. Loading is loading.
> >
> > Can you please try this really pedantically and report back?
>
> I had exactly the same problem with nvidia driver compiled from ports
> with default options except -DWITHOUT_LINUX.
>
> kldload mem
> kldload io (needed by xorg)
> kldload nvidia -> failed (mem_range_attr_set undefined)
>
> I had to compile 'device mem' into kernel
>
> note 1: I did not try loading mem at the boot loader stage
> note 2: I did not try the new release of nvidia driver
>
> Hope this helps ...

The mem kld will need to explicitly symbols required by other modules
using the EXPORT_SYMS line in its Makefile.  So try adding:

  EXPORT_SYMS=	mem_range_attr_set

to the module Makefile for mem, rebuilding, reloading, and adding
additional symbols until it works?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research