Re: lnc0 in VmWare doesn't work

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:28:18 -0400
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 07:29:43AM +0100, Rob MacGregor wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:03 AM, George V. Neville-Neil
> <mailto:gnn_at_neville-neil.com> danced on the keyboard and produced:
> > So, do we need to fix the lance driver to handle this?  Will this bite
> > us easily on other drivers?
>
> I'd say that it would have to be fixed (but then I'm not going to be the one
> doing it, so I would :>).
>
> If only because having a known failure like this is going to bite somebody
> doing their first install of FreeBSD, and put them (quite rightly IMO) off it.
> Heck, it's going to bite those with experience too.

Why aren't you reading what I posted?  If lnc doesn't work, it's probably
because there's some extra constraint on the usable memory range that
is incorrectly specified in the driver.  You should try to get VMWare
to give you information on that, since you're a customer.

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \