Re: installworld problem

From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:34:57 -0400
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 17:26:52 EDT, Stuart Stegall scribbled these
curious markings:
> Any ideas how best to resolve this issue, should I just manually add the pf
> user?

When I updated, mergemaster's handling of /etc/master.passwd and
/etc/group wasn't as fine-grained as I required: I would've had to readd
users and groups with any of the choices that it offered me. So I merged
those two files manually.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-