Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: David Rhodus <sdrhodus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:07:24 -0400
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:42:51 +0000, Bosko Milekic <bmilekic_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>   When are you and some of your DragonFly minions going to stop spreading
>   this garbage?

This conversation has nothing to do with DragonFly Bosko and you damn
well know it. The thread is about a method in which the perforce
development trees can be opened up for the public.

>   If you want to talk about open-source, why don't you divert the attention
>   to the frankly cowardly behavior going on pertaining to parts of the
>   DragonFly source tree instead?  Whereas DragonFly has appropriated a
>   significant amount of FreeBSD code, only to ammend the lisencing to its
>   own network code to include the advertising clause (removed officially
>   from the BSDL a while ago now), and for what? Only to make it difficult for
>   FreeBSD to take some of the code back.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the current thread of discussion
Bosko. The networking code in DragonFly has been developed with the
intention of some commercial reasoning in mind for some of the
developers who have worked on it. This is only to further improve the
ongoing development work in DragonFly. The advertising clause sun-sets
in a year anyway and anyone can still download the DragonFly source
and do what ever with it , so your point is moot.

>   So if you want to talk about 'shitty open-source
>   practises,' I'd argue that yours are much more significant than ours.

Again this was not the point of the conversation. Why not toss in some
more point less items like GPL, LGPL, etc...

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus