valgrind still hangs in umtx?

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:39:17 -0500
Tried the valgrind-352 (from ports) with RELENG_5 today and I am seeing
hangs exactly as described in kern/68992:

A modified version of the fix from the PR is present in the -352 source.
  Also, I see the same hangs with the -snapshot port.

The following message is logged to the console each time I run valgrind
(mod pid):
Warning: pid 64514 used static ldt allocation.
See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info

The i386_set_ldt man page was not very enlightening to me, especially
considering the word "static" did not appear anywhere on it.

Valgrind runs perfectly as mentioned in the PR, it just hangs before
exiting.  I could hack up a little script to give it a few seconds to
run and then 'kill -9' it, but that's just silly.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Jon