Re: Persisten buildworld errors

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:51:19 +0300
Doug,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:34:50PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Stephen Hocking wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I've not been able to get a clean buildworld since after August 6th. The
> > errors have varied (there was a persistent gcc error about various headers
> > missing) and the latest problem is this -
>
> This would tend to indicate that your installation is corrupted.  I
> haven't had these problems and I've been building -current every day.
> Also they have not been showing up on the tinderbox.
>
> You can try doing a 'make includes' to try to overwirte whatever busted
> include files you have, but it might not fix things. You may want to grab
> a snapshot disc and "upgrade" to it.

Please don't suggest people to run "make includes".  This will likely
break upgrades from older systems because headers (most noticeble one
is /usr/include/osreldate.h) will not match the installed world, and
you will fool your buildworld into thinking it's running on a more
current system than you actually have.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov