Re: Public Access to Perforce?

From: Geoff Speicher <geoff_at_speicher.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:55:29 -0400
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:05:59PM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 12:06, Will Andrews wrote:
>
> > That's mostly because it's extremely polluted.  Branch and tag
> > names are mixed all over the place.  That doesn't sit well with
> > the normal subversion tree style, due to name collisions.
>
> In the normal subversion repository layout (and what's used by cvs2svn
> by default), branches and tags live in two separate hierarchies, so I'm
> not sure what kind of collisions you're talking about.

There was a discussion on -hackers and/or -chat a while back about this.
I can't find the whole discussion anywhere right now, but there are a
few messages in this -chat digest, towards the end between Narvi and
Lev:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=subversion+symbols+group:*freebsd*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=20040109200044.8363C16A4D3_hub.freebsd.org%40ns.sol.net&rnum=5

I had tried converting the FreeBSD repository at around the same time
and found the same issues.  Basically, the repository needs a fair bit
of manual clean-up.

Geoff