Re: kqueued make(1): can someone try it for me please?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:05:24 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:56:52 -0400
>From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_FreeBSD.org>
>To: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
>Cc: David Wolfskill <dhw_at_FreeBSD.org>, current_at_FreeBSD.org
>Subject: Re: kqueued make(1): can someone try it for me please?

>Since when does make -jX buildworld work?  I've tried it for months
>and had it keep breaking in the same place.

Well, I reported it working (running yesterday's RELENG_5) this morning.

And in doing the tests that ru_at_ requested, I ran it twice more, running
RELENG_5 that I built this morning.

Each of these was "make -j8 buildworld" on an SMP box.

Indeed, the only problem I can attribute to -jX within the last few
weeks has been an annoying lockup.  Not specifying -jX has circumvented
the problem for me each time, so far.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the