Re: [Fwd: sound in CURRENT]

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:31:39 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

> I've seen other reports from people who can't even get their sound
> chipsets to work at all.  And whoever is currently maintaining the sound
> code has been *awfully* quiet lately.  Feels like a waste of time
> reporting anything.

To reiterate the totally obvious, there is no "they" on an open-source
project like FreeBSD.  There's only "us" and "us" are almost entirely
volunteers.  If the sound code is languishing (and it sounds like it
is), you've got access to the same source code and history we all do.
If you're dissatisfied with the way "they" are working on it, that's
the only way to solve it -- volunteer become one of the "us" and dig in.

mcl