Re: [Fwd: sound in CURRENT]

From: Russell Jackson <rjackson_at_cserv62.csub.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:26:44 -0700
On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:24:11PM -0700, Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 21:04, Tim Robbins wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 01:37:01PM -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

To chime in on the sound issue, I get seemingly random distortions or
screeches during playback. A sure fire way to cause it on demand is to
do a sysctl -a. I've also found that taking the battery out and running
on A/C only reduces the frequency of the distortions.

You may have gathered that this is a laptop based on the fact that it
has a battery. Sound is provided by an Acer Labs M5451 using t4dwave driver.

On the other side of the spectrum, sound plays back perfectly on my
workstation.

--
Russell A. Jackson
Slaves are generally expected to sing as well as to work ... I did not,